Following Prince Charles’s footprints in Transylvania
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage ites in one day
- Discover the most pictoresque Fortified Church in Transylvania, Viscri
- Visit the interesting Fortified Church in Sachiz
- See Prince`s Charles house in Viscri
- Visit Rupea Fortress, one of the oldest archaeological sites in Romania and meanwhile a fascinating dominant fortification.
- Have a traditional Transylvanian courtyard lunch (optional)
5-6 hours/120 km
please inquire for exact quote
– Pick up / drop off at your hotel
– Comfortable Executive AC car
– Entrance – Photo & Video fees
– Local fully licensed, English speaking guide
– Interactive participation encouraged
– Overview of Romanian History and Culture
– Countless stops for photos
We will begin your day tour with you being picked up from your hotel lobby, in or in close proximity to picturesque Sighisoara.
Enjoy an unforgettable day trip exploring two wonderful Saxon villages of Transylvania, both of them World Heritage UNESCO sites, bypassed by modern times: Viscri and Saschiz.
The countryside surrounding this villages is one of Europe’s last medieval landscapes, with probably the most extensive flower-rich grasslands remaining in lowland Europe, essentially unchanged for hundreds of years, in which low intensity agriculture coexists with an abundance of flora and fauna.
Prince Charles was immediately struck by the precious legacy of this area of Transylvania and said he was “totally overwhelmed by its unique beauty and its extraordinarily rich heritage”, in 2007 he bought a house in Viscri.
During this half a day tour you will:
- visit the Fortified Church in Saschiz (World Heritage Site)
- visit the Citadel up on the hill in Saschiz (optional)
- visit Adept Foundation – a charity working to protect the special countryside of the Tarnava Mare area and to give local people a secure future by promoting sustainable agriculture, encouraged by HRS Prince Charles
- visit the Fortified Church in Viscri (World Heritage Site)
- Visit Rupea Fortress, one of the oldest archeological sites in Romania and meanwhile a fascinating dominant fortification.
- visit a traditional Saxon household in Viscri
- see Prince Charles`s house in Viscri
A traditional courtyard lunch in a local small farm can be arranged at the end of this tour previous of returning to Sighisoara.
In the end I will give you some general and some customized tips as I don’t want you to enjoy just the time we spend together, but your entire stay in Transylvania or Romania.