Sighisoara Extended Tour
Sighisoara – Biertan – Malancrav
- Visit the stongest Fortified Church of Transylvania in Biertan
- See Prince`s Charles Manor where Kate Middleton and Prince William spent a part of their honeymoon
- Discover medieval frescas dating from 1350 in the church of Malancrav
- Medieval Citadel of Sighisoara walking guided tour
5 to 6 hours/110 km
Price: 64 euro/person*
* minimum 2 pax
– Pick up / drop off at your hotel
– Comfortable Executive AC car
– Entrance – Photo & Video fees
– Local fully licensed, English speaking guide
– Interactive participation encouraged
– Overview of Romanian History and Culture
– Countless stops for photos
Sighisoara – We will begin your day tour with you being picked up from your hotel lobby, in or in close proximity of this picturesque town.
From your pickup location, we will travel to the heart of the Wine Region of Transylvania, Biertan, formerly known as Birthälm, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1993, is a small village with a rich history having great photographic appeal. The home of the Church of Biertan, with elaborate towers and defenses, was constructed by the Saxons between 1486 and 1524 and was the see of the Lutheran Evangelical Bishops of Transylvania between 1572 and 1867 – the strongest fortified church of Transylvania.
Our next stop will be another beautiful Saxon village centered on a timeless atmosphere, Malancrav. Peaceful, natural beauty, with unique architecture you will understand why Prince Charles fell in love with this place, and visits twice a year. Highlights of this stop will include the local Saxon Fortified Church with frescoes dating back to 1350, the only church in Transylvania that has preserved it`s intact original medieval frescoes inside, and, Apafi Manor, a famous home in Transylvania built by a Hungarian noble family at some time during the 15th century. Local rumors have it that Prince William and Kate spent a short holiday here!
Finally we head back to Sighisoara, where during the tour of the Medieval Fortified Citadel we will visit many of the many symbols and structures such as The Clock tower, Church on the Hill, and the home where Vlad the Impaler was born. You will see places here, and learn of stories and local legends that are not mentioned in Lonely Planet or any other travel book.
In the end I will give you some general and some customized tips as I don’t want you to enjoy just the time we spend together, but your entire stay in Transylvania or Romania.